On Thursday, December 27th, at approximately 12:00 pm, two men suffered injuries after a small explosion occurred while they were repairing underground water lines in the community of St. Brieux, SK.
According to STARS Air Ambulance, a propane tank had exploded.
In statement made by the St. Brieux Fire department, the department, along with the St. Brieux First Responders responded to the scene and treated two injured workers.
One patient was sent by STARS to Saskatoon while the other was sent to Melfort by ground ambulance.
St Brieux Fire Department extended their thanks to all the agencies who provided and offered assistance on these calls; Sask Power, Melfort Ambulance, Melfort RCMP, STARS Air Ambulance, EMFS, Sask Energy and Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety.
There is no risk to public safety as a result of this work related incident.
Occupational Health and Safety are attending to the scene to assist with the investigation.
St Brieux is located approximately 130 km south west of Nipawin, SK.