On June 16th, 2018 at approximately 11:30 p.m., the La Ronge RCMP received a complaint of erratic driving on Highway #2, between the communities of Air Ronge and La Ronge. The vehicle in question was later located at a business on La Ronge Avenue in the early hours of June 17th, 2018.
Further investigation revealed that the vehicle had been stolen from Regina.
At approximately 2:00 a.m., police attempted to stop the driver by activating their emergency equipment. The driver refused to stop, fled from police, and subsequently struck a power pole. The driver fled on foot into the nearby bush.
At approximately 3:00 a.m., the La Ronge RCMP received a separate complaint of an unknown male breaking and entering into a residence within the proximity of where the power pole was struck. The male was located inside the residence and was arrested without incident.
The investigation determined that the male involved in the motor vehicle accident was the same person responsible for the Break and Enter.
29-year-old Lyndon Houghton of Nipawin, Saskatchewan, is charged with:
• Breach of Probation X 4 Section 733 Criminal Code.
• Break and Enter Section 348(1)(b) Criminal Code.
• Flight from Peace Officer Section 249.1 Criminal Code.
• Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle 249 (1) Criminal Code.
• Possession of Stolen Property over $5,000.00 Section 354 (1) Criminal Code.
• Mischief over $5,000.00 Section 430(3) Criminal Code.
Houghton made his first court appearance on June 18th, 2018. In La Ronge Provincial Court
La Ronge RCMP Media release -2018-06-18 3:00 pm