Nipawin Fire Department Report for Saturday September 9, 2017
Call #1 – 3:34 pm – Nipawin Fire responded to a report of a grass fire in the RM of Torch River. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered that flames from a fire that appeared to have originated in the ditch had spread to an adjacent field which, fortunately, had recently been harvested. A fire guard around the fire was made with a discer, and the fire was extinguished. No injuries or crop damage resulted.
Call #2 – 5:06 pm – White Fox and Nipawin Fire Departments responded to a report of a residential fire alarm in the Village of White Fox. It was determined that the alarm was the result of a minor cooking incident. No injuries or damage were sustained.
Call #3 – 8:22 pm – NFD responded to a report of a residential fire pit fire in town. The homeowner was unaware of the Fire Ban and extinguished the fire. Fire fighters ensured that the fire was out before returning to the hall.
Please remember that the Fire Ban REMAINS IN EFFECT because the fire hazard is still extremely high.