Nipawin Fire Department – June 14, 2019 – 3:32 pm – NFD responded to a call of a structure fire in town.
Upon arrival, firefighters discovered that the fire was located on the north wall of the attached garage. The fire moved along the wall into the underground electrical service mast and melted the conduit that was protecting the underground power supply. Smoke was also noticed coming from the meter socket area.
Firefighters used fire extinguishers to extinguish the fire and set up fans to ventilate the house.
SaskPower disconnected the main power supply and SaskEnergy shut off and locked the natural gas supply to the house.
Pleased to report that no injuries were sustained. Fire is under investigation. Thank you to our partners SaskPower, SaskEnergy, Nipawin RCMP and North- East EMS for their assistance.
Source: Nipawin Fire/Facebook