On January 23, 2018 a Hudson Bay RCMP member attending court proceedings at Hudson Bay Provincial Court received a complaint that an adult male (appearing on an unrelated matter and not in police custody at the time) allegedly had a firearm inside Hudson Bay Provincial Court. The adult male left the Provincial Court building where he was arrested without incident. Hudson Bay RCMP located a loaded handgun and a loaded magazine outside the Provincial Court building during a subsequent search of the immediate area.
Donald Cory Schulz (DOB: 1971-12-18) is charged with:
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, section 88 of the Criminal Code
- Carrying weapon while attending public meeting, section 89 of the Criminal Code
- Carrying concealed weapon, section 90 of the Criminal Code
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm, section 91(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a prohibited firearm, section 95 of the Criminal Code
He appeared in Nipawin Provincial Court on Wednesday January 24, 2018. His next appearance will be in Melfort Provincial Court on February 1, 2018.
No one reported any injuries to police.
Hudson Bay RCMP January 25th, 2018