On March 25, 2018, Greenwater RCMP were called to a report of a stabbing on Yellow Quill First Nation, Saskatchewan. A 16 year old victim was transported to hospital in Kelvington, then on to Saskatoon with what were described as severe injuries.
As a result of the investigation, on March 31, 2018, a search warrant was executed at a residence located at Yellow Quill First Nation by members of the Greenwater RCMP with the assistance of Wadena RCMP Detachment, Hudson Bay RCMP Detachment, and Tisdale RCMP Forensic Identification Services. An adult male was arrested at the residence without incident.
Corey Mark Peequaquat (DOB: 1993/03/01) is charged with:
• 1 count, Aggravated Assault, Sec 268(2) of the Criminal Code;
• 1 count, Unlawfully Causing Bodily Harm, Sec 269 of the Criminal Code;
• 2 counts, Uttering Threats Against Person, Sec 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code;
• 1 count, Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose, Sec 88(2) of the Criminal Code;
• 1 count, Forcible Confinement, Sec 279(2) of the Criminal Code;
• 3 counts, Fail to Comply with Probation Order, Sec 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code.
Peequaquat remains in custody at this time. He will appear in Rose Valley Provincial Court on April 4, 2018. The Greenwater RCMP continue their investigation with the assistance of Tisdale RCMP Forensic Identification Services.
Greenwater RCMP 2018/04/03 5:00 P.M.