Source: Ministry of Environment, Wildfire Management Update
Article continued after advertisement
- Protection of people, communities and critical infrastructure are the focus of the efforts in the Pelican Narrows area.
- Provincial resources are focused on the Pelican Narrows fires at this time, with the goal of securing communities and access routes. This includes more than 280 personnel, 20 helicopters, 20 pieces of heavy equipment and the provincial air tanker fleet.
- No community structures or critical infrastructure have been reported burned by the wildfires at this time. Remote structures burned by wildfire will be identified and the owners notified directly.
- A fire ban remains in place in for all provincial Crown lands (including parks) south of the Churchill River system.
- Approximately 79,852 hectares
- Located approximately 14 km southeast of Pelican Narrows, 1 km east of Jan Lake, 30 km northwest of Flin Flon
- All residents of Jan Lake and Birch Portage remain evacuated due to direct fire threat.
- HWY 135 and HWY 106 and SaskPower lines are threatened by this fire.
- Jan Lake, Birch Portage, Tyrell Lake, Sturgeon Weir, the SaskTel tower and other remote values are being protected with sprinkler units and dozer guards.
- Wildfire response is focused on the southern and western flanks for the protection of communities and securing access.
- Approximately 35,000 hectares
- Located approximately 3 km north and 6 km west of Pelican Narrows, 40 km southwest of Sandy Bay
- Most residents of Pelican Narrows remain evacuated due to direct fire threat.
- HWY 135 and SaskPower lines are threatened by this fire.
- Pelican Narrows, the SaskTel tower, the SaskPower sub station and other remote values are being protected with sprinkler units and dozer guards.
- Wildfire response is focused on the southern flank for the protection of Pelican Narrows.
- Approximately 6,100 hectares
- Located approximately 15 km south of Pelican Narrows, 6 km west of Jan Lake
- Wildfire response is focused to address northern flank of this fire.