False Alarm Caused by Obsolete CO Detector

(Last Updated On: September 6, 2017)

Nipawin Fire Department report

 Tuesday – August 29 – 5:47 am

Article continued after advertisement

Nipawin Fire Dept. responded to an activated Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector in Nipawin. On arrival, firefighters were unable to detect any CO in the building and the alarm was determined to be obsolete. We would like to remind everyone that Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide detectors should be replaced every 10 years. All units have a manufacturer’s date on them – Keep your family safe – please check the date on your detectors and replace as necessary!