UPDATE 3:30 PM CST Monday 08 January 2018 : Special weather statement has been upgraded to a Snowfall Warning, with accumulations of 10-15 cm of snow anticipated for the Nipawin region by Tuesday evening
A disturbance, forecast to develop over southern Alberta Monday night, will track across southern Saskatchewan on Tuesday.As the system tracks eastward snow will spread into west central
Saskatchewan early Tuesday morning before moving into east central areas Tuesday afternoon. Early indication have the heaviest snowfall amounts falling along a west to east line between Prince Albert and La Ronge where 10 to 15 cm of snow is possible. The snow will move out of the area Tuesday night. In its wake northerly winds will bring a return to unseasonably cold temperatures which will persist into the weekend. 10 to 15 cm of snow expected over central Saskatchewan on Tuesday.
Environment Canada – 3:30 AM CST Monday 08 January 2018
Special weather statement in effect for:
R.M. of Arborfield including Arborfield and Zenon Park
- R.M. of Barrier Valley including Archerwill and McKague
- R.M. of Bjorkdale including Greenwater Lake Prov. Park
- R.M. of Connaught including Ridgedale and New Osgoode
- R.M. of Flett’s Springs including Beatty Ethelton and Pathlow
- R.M. of Invergordon including Yellow Creek and Tarnopol
- R.M. of Kinistino including Kinistino and James Smith Res.
- R.M. of Lake Lenore including St. Brieux
- R.M. of Moose Range including Carrot River and Tobin Lake
- R.M. of Nipawin including Nipawin Aylsham and Pontrilas
- R.M. of Pleasantdale including Naicam and Pleasantdale
- R.M. of Star City including Melfort and Star City
- R.M. of Three Lakes including Middle Lake and St Benedict
- R.M. of Tisdale including Tisdale Eldersley and Sylvania
- R.M. of Torch River including Choiceland and White Fox
- R.M. of Willow Creek including Gronlid and Fairy Glen
- R.M. of Hudson Bay including Hudson Bay and Reserve
- R.M. of Hudson Bay including Shoal Lake and Red Earth Reserves
- R.M. of Porcupine including Porcupine Plain and Weekes
Also effected will be:
- City of Prince Albert
- District of Lakeland including Emma Lake and Anglin Lake
- R.M. of Birch Hills including Muskoday Res.
- R.M. of Buckland including Wahpeton Res. and Spruce Home
- R.M. of Canwood including Debden and Big River Res.
- R.M. of Duck Lake including Duck Lake and Beardy’s Res.
- R.M. of Garden River including Meath Park and Albertville
- R.M. of Leask including Leask Mistawasis Res. and Parkside
- R.M. of Meeting Lake
- R.M. of Paddockwood including Candle Lake and Paddockwood
- R.M. of Prince Albert including Davis
- R.M. of Shellbrook including Sturgeon Lake Res.
- R.M. of Spiritwood including Spiritwood and Leoville
- R.M. of St Louis including One Arrow Res. and Domremy
- Cumberland House
- Hanson Lake Road between Hwys 165 and 135
- Hanson Lake Road east of Hwy 135 including Creighton
- Hwy 135 including Pelican Narrows and Sandy Bay
- Seabee Mine
- Candle Lake Prov. Park and Narrow Hills Prov. Park
- Hwy 165 between hwys 2 and 914 including Pinehouse Lake
- Lac la Ronge Prov. Park including La Ronge
- Montreal Lake and Molanosa
- Prince Albert Nat. Park
- Buffalo Narrows and Peter Pond Lake
- Île à la Crosse and Beauval
- Green Lake
- R.M. of Beaver River including Pierceland and Goodsoil
- R.M. of Big River including Big River and Chitek Lake
- R.M. of Loon Lake including Loon Lake and Makwa
- R.M. of Meadow Lake including Waterhen Res.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports using #SKStorm.