Environment Canada is calling for increasing cloudiness with snow or rain beginning this afternoon in the Nipawin region. Due to mild temperatures, they are also warning of a risk of freezing rain late this morning and early this afternoon. Anticipated snowfall of 2 to 4 cm through the afternoon may be followed by snow or rain early this evening, with an additional Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Todays high is projected to reach plus 1 with overnight low of minus 8.
Environment Canada Issued 4:30 AM CST Sunday 10 December 2017
Unseasonably mild conditions will persist over southern Saskatchewan today as mild Pacific air continues to push in from the west. Temperatures will rise above the freezing mark today for most of southern Saskatchewan today.
A developing weather system now over northern Alberta will track through central Saskatchewan this afternoon and then into Manitoba this evening. This system will bring a mix of rain or snow, and a risk of freezing rain to the northern Parklands and the northeastern grainbelt.
This weather system will also bring a strong northwest wind to the southern half of the province this evening. Most areas will see gusts of 60 or 70 km/h. However, local gusts of 80 or even 90 km/h are possible in some parts of the province. The most likely areas for the stronger gusts are around the higher terrain between Saskatoon and the Battlefords, as well as around the Cypress hills.
The winds will abate tonight as the weather system continues to track further away.
Special weather statement in effect for:
- R.M. of Arborfield including Arborfield and Zenon Park
- R.M. of Barrier Valley including Archerwill and McKague
- R.M. of Bjorkdale including Greenwater Lake Prov. Park
- R.M. of Connaught including Ridgedale and New Osgoode
- R.M. of Flett’s Springs including Beatty Ethelton and Pathlow
- R.M. of Invergordon including Yellow Creek and Tarnopol
- R.M. of Kinistino including Kinistino and James Smith Res.
- R.M. of Lake Lenore including St. Brieux
- R.M. of Moose Range including Carrot River and Tobin Lake
- R.M. of Nipawin including Nipawin Aylsham and Pontrilas
- R.M. of Pleasantdale including Naicam and Pleasantdale
- R.M. of Star City including Melfort and Star City
- R.M. of Three Lakes including Middle Lake and St Benedict
- R.M. of Tisdale including Tisdale Eldersley and Sylvania
- R.M. of Torch River including Choiceland and White Fox
- R.M. of Willow Creek including Gronlid and Fairy Glen
- R.M. of Hudson Bay including Hudson Bay and Reserve
- R.M. of Hudson Bay including Shoal Lake and Red Earth Reserves
- R.M. of Porcupine including Porcupine Plain and Weekes
Source: Environment Canada